The Merits of Having a Mobile Application for Your Business

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Indeed, developing a mobile solution for your business enterprise is timely these days. From the last look, the pandemic has made digital adoption a must for everyone. Most importantly, the use of mobile devices has risen to the fore. In March 2020 alone, a global survey shows 70% of internet users are using their smartphones. It’s not surprising given how the virus upended our lives.

Still, you need to make hard choices. Established companies can easily roll out an app development on a host of mobile platforms. But you could be facing a crossroads, especially true if you’re dealing with limited resources or a hesitant principal investor. Ultimately, you’ll have to choose between using the iOS platform or the Android one. To date, these two platforms are two of the most prevalent mobile operating systems worldwide.

If this is your dilemma, fret not. Indeed, iOS has its advantages. There’s no sense denying that. But business is about returns. And the bigger question is which platform would serve you better. Here we’re going to show you why app development can be the best course of action for your business.

Greater Market

In business,  thinking big can get you big results. David J. Schwartz’s influential “The Magic of Thinking Big” book illustrates this with great passion. It shows various strategies to achieve greater success personally. And it all comes down to strategic thinking.

When you want to corner a more significant share of the market, you must have a tool to help you do just that. In this sense, there may not be a better mobile platform than Android. Stats show mobile users of this OS amount to 73% of the total number worldwide. That leaves only 26% for iOS mobile users, for a total of 99%.

Remember that Android devices are far more affordable than their iOS counterparts. The great divide in terms of price points meant it rules the world when it comes to mobile computing.

Even better, an app for this mobile has greater flexibility when it comes to deployment. While you only have Apple’s App Store to contend with if you choose to go with iOS, you avail yourself of multiple channels (Play Store, Mobomarket, and Amazon Appstore). That creates a lot more distribution and sales opportunities for your brand.

Greater Profitability

Businessman using tablet pc and select Mobile apps development.

Take note that you don’t need to hire developers in-house to get your app working. Instead, you can rely on a professional Android app developer to get the job done for you. The advantage is these professionals are paid to bring you the results you want, unlike an in-house team that gets paid anyhow. Composed of a group of experts, these professionals have the experience and the tools to deliver the app exactly as you envisioned it.

Due to the broader means of distribution, an app can make lots of money. This applies to both in-app purchases and app downloads. You have an even greater potential as you face a broad audience.

Plus, there’s the search ad revenue that Apple doesn’t have. With lower ad costs, you can avail yourself of more ads on Android than on iOS devices. Then there’s the case of the initial investment. With Android, you only pay a one-time registration fee, and you’re good to go. You can build your app and test it on any smart device or computer you can get your hands on.

The Google Play Store Itself

Then, there’s the ease to do business. With Android, you can have your mobile app available on the Google Play Store in a matter of hours. That can be days for Apple’s App Store. And while the app is live, you can still push updates on your mobile app should you need to tweak it or polish it according to user-found bugs. Additionally, Google allows you to upload the app and test it directly on your mobile phone so that you can try it.

Thus, you can use a beta-testing period for your mobile app. This means your product will be available for a select few for bug testing. That should allow you to factor in critical improvements before launching it for the public.

Additionally, you improve your SEO when you deploy an app on Google Play Store. Each app view converts to site page views; each gesture or click on the app equals a click on your landing page. This shows you deploying a mobile app also improves your overall Google ranking and your SERPs results.

A Wider Net

The final reason has to do with the sheer number of devices your mobile app can be available. You’re not just talking about phones when you deploy a mobile app. There’s a planet of devices waiting for you. This list includes:

  • Smart TVs
  • Streaming devices
  • Wearables

All these numbers tell you one thing. Not only is having a mobile application less stressful on your wallet, but it’s also good business.

Scroll to Top